MEDIA RELEASE: LIGHTHOUSE CARE WINS PRESTIGIOUS QUEENSLAND COMMUNITY AWARD
Lighthouse Care has won the prestigious DSS Law Community Group of the Year Award at the 2018 Queensland Community Achievement Awards, presented by David Sorban, Principal of DSS Law.
With hundreds of nominations, Lighthouse Care has taken home the Community Group of the Year Award from other strong community contributors including Orange Sky Laundry and the Compass Institute.
David Sorban, Principal of DSS Law, has said the firm plans to continue shining a light on the local community movers and shakers of today.
“In law, we often see people during the most difficult stages of their lives. It is a rewarding experience to assist those organisations who are out there making a difference in these people’s lives, and truly contributing to a better world.”
The winners were announced on Friday, 30 November 2018 at Royal on the Park Brisbane, hosted by Channel 7NEWS Presenter, Kendall Gilding. More than 300 guests attended the event, including Senator Pauline Hanson, to celebrate Queensland’s best and brightest community achievers.
Lighthouse Care of Loganholme delivers 45,000 food trolleys to the value of $25.00 each to struggling families across South East Queensland each year. The not-for profit organisation has a dedicated team of more than 100 hundred staff and volunteers. The majority of Lighthouse Care’s work is self-funded through occasional fundraisers and a low cost grocery store.
The eight category winners are:
- Matthew Gregg of Toowoomba - Australia Pacific LNG Community Hero Award
- Barry Searle of Chuwar - Pullenvale Ward Outstanding Achievement Award
- Agri-Con Equipment of Bundaberg - Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award
- Freeman's Organic Farm of Currumbin Valley - Awards Australia Small Business Achievement Award
- Kuranda Visitor Information Centre - Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
- Mundubbera MPHS - Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- Iain Hodge of Maryborough - University of Southern Queensland Teaching Excellence Award
- Lighthouse Care of Loganholme - DSS Law Community Group of the Year Award.
Winners each received a $2,500 Award prize from Commonwealth Bank and a trophy.
Claire Jones was announced as the University of Southern Queensland People’s Choice Award Winner and received a $500 prize.
About DSS Law
DSS Law is a client-focused law firm with a reputation for providing high quality legal advice and tailored commercial solutions across a range of areas of law including litigation, property, commercial, corporate, insolvency, and wills and estates.
We are committed to building trusted, long-term relationships with our clients to ensure our clients’ success today and in the future.
For further information, please contact Renee Pappagallo on (07) 3210 2373.